When it comes to firmware updates, some people love to have some new features included. Sony doesn’t disappoint when they revealed key details of an upcoming 3.50 firmware update set to be released soon to PS4.
Among other features, the major patch will introduce the long-requested feature of appearing offline whilst connected to the PlayStation Network. Another key feature is PlayStation 4 Remote Play which is also coming to Windows PC and Mac.
Here’s what you can test from 3.50 if you’re in the beta program:
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event- Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
- Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.
There’s no date yet for that next console update, but the beta goes live today. Unfortunately, it won’t include the ability to test Remote Play. Sony says it will be releasing more details on the update, including other “key features” and its release date, at a later date.