Developers Last Hope of the Internet (LHOTI) are pleased to announce the episodical game Flavortown on the Rift Platform and is playable via Oculus Rift & Steam VR. Starting with Episode 1 of 6, which is available on the Oculus Store, each future episode will be priced at $6.00 USD. Fear not, those who have an Oculus Quest, a compatible version is planned for later this year.
In Flavortown you have been recognized as an elite officer of Flavortown’s Finest, where you’ll be partnered with Biff and Buddy, the two wise-cracking meatball “hotshots” of the precinct. With your brothers of the badge by your side, you’ll see how far the rabbit hole goes as you launch into the criminal underground of Flavortown to keep the city as safe as it is delicious.
Here are the features of Flavortown:
- Flavortown is a narrative driven action game that will release episodically with a total of 6 episodes. Each episode provides an average of an hour and a half of content rich in story and with many secrets to be discovered.
- Lock and load with tailor made equipment, such as the Super Action Communicator smartwatch, which keeps track of all the dirt you dig up. You’ll also find a set of 3D replicating holsters that can print a wide variety of weapons to use on your adventure.
- Make connections with the colorful characters that populate Flavortown, like the Mayor himself (who looks suspiciously familiar) to the crime-affiliated rap superstar Tommy Tomato.
- Play it cool as you engage in undercover operations that range from the suspiciously squeaky clean corporate office of The Grill Scouts to an illegal underground casino run by sushi outlaws.
- Take on overwhelming spins of classic mini-games, such as fishing, Simon Says, and the exhilarating task of working as a telemarketer.
‘None of us at LHOTI have ever been more proud of something that we’ve worked on. The insane journey we took as a tribe while working on this game has inspired something truly unique and rare. Beyond the painfully hilarious moments of comedy, there is a bigger story to be told within this world and I can’t wait to provide that experience to players.’ – Will Fase Founder -Last Hope of the Internet
You can watch the trailer for Flavortown down below.