Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition will release worldwide on October 27 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Nordic Games has today announced.
The game will cost $29.99 and will feature improved visuals for the current-gen consoles and render in 1080p as well as coming packed with all DLC for Darksiders 2. There have also been adjustments to the game balancing and loot distribution.
“It’s rare that as developers we get the opportunity to revisit one of our previous games”, said Gunfire Games Design Director John Pearl. “The passage of time and the numerous games we’ve worked on since Darksiders II shipped has allowed us to return to it with a fresh perspective. With that said, we went back to what is a huge game and addressed things we didn’t have time for or didn’t notice the first time. We started by revisiting every asset in the game, increasing the texture resolutions and brought the art up to spec to take full advantage of the new lighting and rendering.”
“Darksiders II has a lot of DLC in the form of weapons, armor and unique locations. These pieces of DLC which felt separate from the main campaign have now been integrated into the game and rebalanced accordingly. Lastly, we’ve addressed much of the feedback we received after the game’s release in regards to balance and bugs. With all these changes, this is truly the Definitive Edition of Darksiders II.”
Here is what you can expect from the Deathinitive Edition.
- Play Death: Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven and Hell
- Epic Universe: Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad
- Heaven/Hell: Explore startling gameworld environments reminiscent of heaven and hell
- Player Choice & Customization: Customize your experience with varied armor sets, weapons, and skill trees allowing players to create their own Death
- Replay-ability: Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customize your Death with a full leveling system, skill trees and endless equipment combinations
- Traversal: Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before
Deathinitive Edition Features:
- Darksiders II with All DLCs* included and integrated into the game, offering a total playtime of more than 30 hours
*(Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov’s Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher’s Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul’s Tomb)
- Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows
- Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics
- Running in native 1080p resolution
- Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution