After the recent Football Manager 2016 announcement, you may be wondering what is Football Manager Touch 2016?
Football Manager Touch 2016 is a new, simplified version of the traditional Football Manager on PC that we have become accustomed too. Basically, think of it as Football Manager Classic but is available as a separate game.
It is also cheaper and available on PC, Mac and iOS/Android tablets, although you will need a high-end device to be able to run Touch, a list of which will be published before released. The simplified version will cost £19.99 on PC and Mac and £14.99 on tablet.
Similar to how Football Manager 2015 launched on tablet earlier this year, Touch appears to be similar in that it comes with the acclaimed 3D Match Engine as well as the key features from Football Manager. However Touch is also available from within the main Football Manager 2016 game to anyone who owns the full version, allowing cross-save functionality meaning you can carry on your career on any device owning Touch. This is one of the selling points of Touch, you can play the same game of Football Manager on multiple devices.
To carry on with your save on another device, it requires that you make the purchase of that game version for the different devices you are playing on. Basically, if you want to play your PC save on your tablet, you will need to have purchased the Football Manager 2016 Touch on your tablet as well as on PC.
Football Manager Classic is no longer a part of Football Manager 2016 so Touch is its replacement, except it is now available separately. If you want to be play a quicker, stripped back version of Football Manager, you can now do so without needing to purchase the full game which will cost quite a bit more as expected.
Below are the key features of the Touch gamemode.
- Cross Save – All versions of Football Manager Touch 2016 are ‘cross-save compatible’ with one another, so a career started on a tablet can be saved to the cloud and continued on computer (and vice versa).
- Matchday Experience – Football Manager Touch 2016 offers enhanced tactical options, including set-piece planning and opposition instructions – all of which play out in the acclaimed Football Manager 3D match engine.
- Create-A-Club Mode – Add your own club to the game using the ‘Create-A-Club’ option. Name your club, choose your colours and edit your squad to your heart’s content – even adding yourself and friends.
- Match Analysis – For the first time, Prozone match analysis comes to Football Manager Touch 2016, allowing managers to fully analyse either their full team or individual players after the final whistle.
- New Unlockables – Brand new unlockables reward you for progress in your career; ‘All Job Applications Accepted’ helps you get your foot in the door at a new club, while ‘Design a Son’ allows you to fully customise your own in-game offspring who will come through into your squad. Opposition Instructions – Prepare your team for the match ahead by setting opposition instructions which tell your players how to treat certain members of the opposing team to limit their performance as much as possible. Improved Screens – Football Manager Touch 2016 features a more intuitive virtual manager’s office, with redesigns to many key screens including manager home, transfer, contract, player and tactics screens.
- And Much, Much More – Including fully updated player and squad details across the database of more than 600,000 players and staff and lots more new features and improvements to be announced in the coming weeks.