Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is this Christmas’ No.1 in the UK, Gfk Chart-Track have revealed.
The No.1 crown for Black Ops 3 marks the sixth time a Call of Duty game has been No.1 in the video game charts at Christmas. It seems that the Call of Duty franchise cannot be dethroned despite many in the industry feeling that the series has become stale and dated.
Star Wars: Battlefront came in at No.2, with the release of the latest Star Wars film, The Force Awakens, unable to push EA’s shooter up to the top spot. The rest of the top five is made up of FIFA 16, Fallout 4 and Minecraft: Story Mode respectively, pretty much as they were in the run up to Christmas.
Ubisoft miss out on a place in the top 5 for the first time since 2008, with Assassin’s Creed Syndicate narrowly missing out in 6th. Square Enix’s Just Cause comes in at 7th. At the bottom, The Sims 4 made a re-entry at number 40 in the cart.
Here is this week’s Top 10 in full:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision)
2. Star Wars Battlefront (EA)
3. FIFA 16 (EA)
4. Fallout 4 (Bethesda)
5. Minecraft: Story Mode (Telltale)
6. Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft)
7. Just Cause 3 (Square Enix)
8. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
9. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege (Ubisoft)
10. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Sony)