Fans of Just Cause 2’s insanely fun multiplayer mod rejoice, for the developers of the mod have revealed a rather large update is heading it’s way prior to the third instalment in the Just Cause series release. Considering the next game won’t be receiving a multiplayer mod for quite some time, now’s as good a time as ever to dive right into the acclaimed mod for the open-world sandbox, and with the new patch releasing later this week, that certainly seems more true than ever.
The patch will include several new updates, some of the most notable of which being:
- Scriptable Client Actors: Scripters can now create their own client-side NPC’s!
- Civilian Model Support: All civilian models are now available to use!
- Depth-Tested Rendering: Render inside of the game world!
- Basic Unicode Support: Allowing use of more languages
- Main Menu Overhaul: Convenient access to your favourite servers
- Steam Achievements: Unlock them by completing tasks with players
- Major sync improvement to vehicles and on-foot weapons
- Implementation of following classes, which greatly improve client/server communication: SharedObject, NetworkObject, WorldNetworkObject
- Extended ability to store values from player-only to all entities
- Fixed major bug causing random models/effects to become invisible
The patch is expected to go live later this week.
Just Cause 3 releases on the 1st of December for PS4, Xbox One and PC.