SEGA have announced a March 20th 2018 release date for Yakuza 6: The Song of Life in the UK, Europe and North America.
Not only did SEGA give details of a release date, they also announced that there would be a Launch Edition along with an After Dark Premium Edition available for pre-order. The Launch Edition is set to include a hardcover art book that also functions as a disc holder. But in honour of Yakuza 6 being the final appearance for the series’ main protagonist – Kazuma Kiryu, for £79.99 and $89.99 in the US, you could bag yourself the After Dark Premium Edition. This edition includes two drinking glasses so you could toast the character; a pretty neat idea if you ask me. It also contains a few more goodies to compliment your glasses, see the list below.
- Hardcover Art Book– The intense human drama and magnetic world of Yakuza 6 will be on display in this stunning art book. We’ll have more details on what will fill the pages at a later date.
- 2 Bar Glasses (280ml)– Designed with Kiryu’s ferocious dragon tattoo, these bar glasses are the perfect receptacles for your beverage of choice.
- 2 Ice Stones– Cool down your drinks with a pair of heat action branded ice stones! One features the flame heat action icon, while the other has the Japanese “kiwami” heat action icon. Chilling has never been so… extreme.
- 2 Coasters– A true yakuza knows how to relax with class, so coasters are a must have when lounging after hours. Protect table surfaces with style by placing your glasses on top of official Tojo Clan branded coasters. Plus, you won’t need to play the “is this my drink?” game because of their inverted colors!
- An Outer Box– All of these essential tools will be housed within a collectable outer box.
Make sure to catch the game-play trailer too.
If you’re new to the Yakuza series and would like to dig deeper, be sure to check out our review of Yakuza 0, and keep an eye out for the upcoming remake of Yakuza Kiwami.