Bethesda has released a new patch for the Fallout 4 Survival Mode beta on PC which makes several tweaks and changes to the game mode as well as introducing one new feature.
The survival mode will be coming to Fallout 4 on PS4, Xbox One and PC later this month however you can play the survival mode right now on PC by opting into the beta on Steam.
The patch will make it less likely for players to catch diseases, reduces the sleep cycle from 24 hours to 12 hours as well as making survivors need less food or drink to maintain sustenance. To make the mode slightly more challenging, fusion cores now weigh more and your carrying capacity has been reduced. The only new feature added in the update is that the icons for your thirst, hunger, sleep and disease will now change colour based on their levels.
Here is the full changelog below:
New Survival Features
- Thirst, hunger, sleep, and disease icons will change color based on status
- Less food and drink are required to maintain proper sustenance
- Carry capacity lowered
- Sleep cycle has been lowered from 24 hours to 14 hour days
- Reduced chances to getting a disease
- Fusion cores weigh more
- Nuka Cola Quantums no longer cancel out caffeine effect from Nuka Cola and Nuka Cola Cherry
- Fixed occasional issue with becoming parched or peckish when thirst or hunger are actually satisfied
- Fixed issue where Adrenaline effect would incorrectly persist after changing difficulty level
- When companion is down, a quest target will appear on them