No Many’s Sky’s NEXT Update is due to drop on July 24th, and it has some big changes in store for one of the more controversial games of 2016. I think it’s safe to say this game was a pretty big letdown on release, but Hello Games has been relentlessly working on making No Man’s Sky a better experience with each update.The NEXT update keeps that track going and is one more step to helping Hello Games redeem themselves.
Here is what’s dropping next week:
- Team up with some friends, play along random adventurers.
- Help said friends by reviving them or take advantage of others to make it out in the vast expanse.
- Have epic dogfights along with friends and enemies.
- Drive a variety of vehicles across different planets depending on your wants and desires.
- Build a base and try to grow a colony.
Massive Base Building Capabilities:
- The ability to build a base on any planet and using the different resources on said planet.
- Size limits on the bases are increased, making building and growing a more intricate experience.
- Play in first or third-person while on foot or piloting your ship.
- Advanced color palate and textures, making the game look and feel more smooth.
- Planets have more variety in regards to terrain, vegetation, and the animals you encounter.
- Build and design a massive freight ship and grow it into a fleet.
- Have friends come on board to play designated missions granted from the Galactic Commission Station.
- Dispatch your fleet to other star systems to explore and find other resources.
This game really burned me, and I haven’t touched it since launch, but from the looks of these updates, I’m going to have to give it another go.
Read more information on No Man’s Sky and the NEXT update HERE
While waiting for this to come out, check out what Warframe has been up to here